Be aware that requests for recognition of CFUs for Other Activities must be submitted to the Other Activities Commission BEFORE carrying out the related activity. This applies both to activities presented by the professors and to those presented by students
Instructions for the recognition of "Other activities"
1. ACTIVITIES CARRIED OUT REMOTELY
Carrying out remote activities does not change the regulations governing the procedures for the recognition of CFUs.
In particular, with regard to the certificates on the performance of the activities, it should be noted that:
- In case of activities organized by the Professor of the department and approved by the Commission, it is the responsibility of the referring Professor to verify the remote participation of students and to send, at the end of the activity, the list of participants to the Segreteria Didattica
- In case of other initiatives for which the students have requested the prior recognition of CFUs from the Other Activities Commission, students must independently obtain the certificate for the online participation issued by the organizers of the activity. After that, the student will send the certificate to the Commission (in the absence of a certificate, no credits will be recognized).
2. RECOGNITION OF CFUs FOR ACTIVITIES REQUESTED BY PROFESSORS
For the purposes of awarding the CFUs of Other activities, in accordance with the regulations approved by the Department Council, the Professor must submit a specific request by filling in form 1 published on this web page. (The form can be found here: Domanda docenti per la richiesta riconoscimento CFU (riservato ai docenti) - Corsi di Studio del Dipartimento di Giurisprudenza - Università degli Studi di Torino (unito.it) )
The Commission will assess the conditions for the recognition of the requested credits to be validated
The Professor, who has been authorized by the Department Council to carry out supplementary teaching activities, if he/she intends to rely on the activity for the recognition of CFUs, must submit a request to the Commission, before carrying out the activity.
Following the approval of the activity by the Commission, it is the responsibility of the Professor in charge of the activity:
- To ask the Department Council for approval of the activity when it comes to ufficial seminars
- Before carrying out the activity and in due time to advertise the initiative, communicate the activity in the manner indicated in art. 4 of the regulation, by contacting the web editorial staff (email@example.com) and sending them the request approved by the Commission
- To get the attendance and / or reports required for the activity
- After the conclusion of the activity, send it to the head of the Segreteria Studenti Prof.. Angela Montrone (firstname.lastname@example.org) the list of the names of the students for the recognition of CFUs, by filling in form 2. (This can be found here: Altre attività - Modulo elenco studenti per la Segreteria studenti (modulo riservato ai docenti) - Corsi di Studio del Dipartimento di Giurisprudenza - Università degli Studi di Torino (unito.it) ) The students involved in the activities must not submit any request to the Segreteria.
3. RECOGNITION OF CFUs FOR ACTIVITIES REQUESTED BY STUDENTS
If there are students who wish to directly apply for the recognition of CFUs for other activities not yet recognized, pursuant to art. 5 regulation ("Other types"), must submit a specific request, by filling in form 3 available here Domanda studenti per la richiesta riconoscimento CFU (riservato agli studenti) - Corsi di Studio del Dipartimento di Giurisprudenza - Università degli Studi di Torino (unito.it).
Only applications submitted prior to carrying out the activities are taken into consideration. Furthermore, applications must be made at least one week before the activity takes place. The Commission assesses the existence of the conditions for the recognition of CFUs and gives written notice to applicants and to the Segreteria Didattica.
These procedures must also be respected for Conferences or Seminars organized by professors of other Departments.
Once the activity has been completed, the student must submit the request for recognition of the ECTS to the Commission, together with the certificate of participation, by replying to the approval email sent by the Commission within 30 days of carrying out the activity.
For activities provided by Unito and published in the Other Activities Board, it is not necessary to submit a prior request.
For other activities organized by a professor, the credit recognition procedure is carried out by the professor her/himself.
Students who have yet to acquire CFUs as a “Skill Test (Prova di Abilità)” must follow the activities proposed by the professors and authorized by the Other Activities Commission, as indicated in the instructions. However, for the purpose of registering the CFUs, they must continue to use the form on the site, (available here Modulo riconoscimento Prova di Abilità - 3 o 6 CFU - Corsi di Studio del Dipartimento di Giurisprudenza - Università degli Studi di Torino (unito.it) ), acquiring the Professor’s signature regarding their attendance,and, once they have acquired all the necessary credits, send the form to the Teaching Desk (Sportello Didattico).
The Other Activities Commission decides on the allocation of credits at the beginning of each month in relation to the requests received during the previous month.
3) INDIVIDUAL PROJECT
The professor and the student agree on an individual academic project, specifying the title, type of activities planned, a brief description of the learning objectives and results, duration of the activity. The individual project can include one or more activities, even of different types. Among these:
- Participation in conferences and other initiatives that do not qualify for the recognition of CFUs; preparation of reviews and bibliographies; written analysis and / or oral discussion of essays and documents; writing essays and reports; voluntary work (up to a maximum of 3 credits);
- Attendance, in whole or in part, of a course activated within the Department of Law, not included in the student's curricular plan (up to a maximum of 6 ECTS per course).
The professor sends the project of the academic activity (module 1 available here: Domanda docenti per la richiesta riconoscimento CFU (riservato ai docenti) - Corsi di Studio del Dipartimento di Giurisprudenza - Università degli Studi di Torino (unito.it)) to the Commission for Other Activities at least 30 days before the start of the activity itself. The project is considered to be approved in the absence of communication sent to the professor in the following 15 days. Activities carried out without the prior approval of the Commission are not taken into consideration.
At the end of the activity, the professor has to send the student's credentials to the Segreteria Studenti - Prof.. Angela Montrone (email@example.com) - for the registration of CFUs.
Given the nature of the activity, each professor can decide, without any obligation, whether to activate one or more individual projects at the request of the students. Professors are also given the opportunity to prepare a project to be proposed to the students; in this case, again with the approval of the Other Activities Commission, the individual project proposal will be published on a dedicated web page on the Department's website.
- ADDITIONAL LANGUAGE SKILLS
BE AWARE THAT the language exams included in the student’s career plan does not allow the acquisition of credits regulated by Other Activities.
Participation in courses of foreign languages attended during any academic year can also be recognized as "Other activities", with the attribution of a maximum number of 6 credits, provided that they are accompanied by a certificate of attendance and passing the final exam.
Criteria for attribution of CFUs for language courses:
- 20-hour language course: 3 CFU;
- 30-hour language course: 5 CFU;
- language course of 40 hours or longer: 6 credits.
If the recognition of credits is requested as another foreign language course activity in the same language in which the basic "language exam" credits have already been acquired, only the C1 or C2 level certificates of the Common European Framework will be taken into consideration. In this case, the student must present the career plan which shows the language of the basic credits (language exam)
For languages other than those in which basic “language exam” credits have been acquired, credits for certificates starting from level B1 of the Common European Framework can be recognized.
The "other activities", which have been awarded CFUs do not qualify for the recognition of further credits as language skills.
Any cases not listed above will be evaluated by the Commission.
- LIST OF OTHER ACTIVITIES
According to the "Other activities" regulation, the following activities, carried out after enrollment, are recognized as "Other activities" able to confer from 1 to 3 ECTS credits:
- Official seminars (18/20 h.): 3 CFU
- Seminars and exercises (held by Professors, Researchers, Research Fellows, PhD students, other members of the Department), from a minimum of 6 to a maximum of 20 h. of teaching: from 1 to 3 CFU
- Activities organized by students with a professor: from 1 to 3 ECTS
- Conferences, study days, research seminars, national or foreign workshops (of at least 6 hours): from 1 to 3 CFU
- Individual projects agreed with a professor of the Department: up to 3 CFU
- Other activities, as long as they are consistent with the study plans and as long as they are proposed prior to their development: from 1 to 3 ECTS; exceptionally even more than 3
BE AWARE THAT The "Other activities" commission is not responsible for:
- International summer schools
- Internships (CFU recognition form for curricular internships available here: MODULO RICONOSCIMENTO CREDITI PER TIROCINI CURRICULARI - Corsi di Studio del Dipartimento di Giurisprudenza - Università degli Studi di Torino (unito.it) )
- Regolamento tirocini Laurea Magistrale a Ciclo Unico - Corsi di Studio del Dipartimento di Giurisprudenza - Università degli Studi di Torino (unito.it)
- Regolamento tirocini Laurea in Consulenza del Lavoro e Gestione delle Risorse Umane - Corsi di Studio del Dipartimento di Giurisprudenza - Università degli Studi di Torino (unito.it)
- Project "From study to research" “Dallo studio alla ricerca”
- Work activities relevant to academic projects
- Language exams and activities carried out in a foreign language for the purpose of recognizing 3 basic credits (the Commission is competent for further linguistic knowledge)
- Supplementary exam activities
- The activities intended to be carried out in the context of Skill credits (Crediti di Abilità)
- OTHER ACTIVITIES NEWS
Students do not need to submit a prior request to the Other Activities Commission if they want to take part to activities published under the section of “Other Activities News”
- DOCUMENTS AND FORMS
- FORM 1: Domanda docenti per la richiesta riconoscimento CFU (riservato ai docenti) - Corsi di Studio del Dipartimento di Giurisprudenza - Università degli Studi di Torino (unito.it)
- FORM 2: Altre attività - Modulo elenco studenti per la Segreteria studenti (modulo riservato ai docenti) - Corsi di Studio del Dipartimento di Giurisprudenza - Università degli Studi di Torino (unito.it)
- FORM 3: Domanda studenti per la richiesta riconoscimento CFU (riservato agli studenti) - Corsi di Studio del Dipartimento di Giurisprudenza - Università degli Studi di Torino (unito.it)
- OTHER DOCUMENTS: Modulo richiesta riconoscimento Altre attività - Sede di Cuneo - Corsi di Studio del Dipartimento di Giurisprudenza - Università degli Studi di Torino (unito.it)
- CONTACTS OF THE COMMISSION OF OTHER ACTIVITIES
The Other Activities Commission meets within the first 15 days of each month.